top of page

Seller's Permit

For a New Business that will be selling or leasing anything at wholesale or retail

If your new business is going to sell or lease anything at wholesale or retail levels for which you will need to collect sales tax—vehicles, merchandise, other personal property or taxable services. Most states require you to have a seller's permit.


  • The California BOE requires one for almost any business involved in sales.

  • Filing a Seller's Permit is the most common way to gain wholesale discounts.

  • Most suppliers require a seller's permit to open an account.

Attention: By pressing the Submit button, I acknowledge and agree that neither DP Business nor any of its employees have provided me with any legal services or legal advice. I also hereby authorize DP Business to form this business entity on my behalf.

Specializing in Incorporating Start-Ups & Existing Businesses

bottom of page